Armed Detention Officer
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid personal time, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
$25.91 – $30.94
We have open positions for Armed Detention Officers at our Krome SPC Miami ICE Contract.
As the Akal Security ICE Krome Armed Detention Officer you will provide detention security services for a specific area of responsibility as designated by contract between Akal Security and the client.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a law enforcement or military officer, or 6 months of experience as a security officer engaged in functions related to detaining civil or administrative detainees.
• Florida Security Officer D License.
• Florida Statewide Firearms G License.
• Must have a Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or naturalized citizen with authority to work in the United States for the last 5+ years.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must pass criminal and credit background.
• Must pass medical exam, drug screening, and physical fitness test.
• Must obtain Firearms Qualification and re-qualify quarterly.
• Maintain constant guard, physical control, and observation of detainees at all times.
• Conduct and assist with in and out processing of detainees.
• Comply with all applicable post orders, ICE directives, and special instructions issued by the contracting officer as applicable to this contract.
• Immediately notify mission control in the event of a physical disturbance, escape attempt, or actual escape.
• Perform or assist with detainee pat down searches.
• Assist with security of detainees.
• Perform bed checks.
• Maintain inventory of restraints and equipment assigned to your area of responsibility.
• Perform daily inspection checks of all bars, locks, windows, walls, floors, ventilation covers, glass panels, access plates, protective screens, doors, lights, and equipment for operational wear and detainee tampering.
• Report slippery floor surfaces or any other safety hazard. Problems discovered during these inspections will be clearly identified in the documentation.
• Maintain all applicable logs, reports, and official documents.
• Must be able to work 32+ hours each week.
Since its establishment in 1980, Akal Security has grown from a small local firm to one of the largest contract security companies in the United States. Today, Akal Security is the largest provider of contract Judicial Security services, protecting federal courthouses in 40 states. Akal Security specializes in providing security for critical federal government facilities, state and local government agencies and military installations.
Our Mission is to be a global leader in the security industry and a trusted partner to our clients, our employees, our communities and our nation. Our Vision is that Akal Security will be a leader in the growth of global security and support services. We will strengthen our nation and the world by serving International Governments and global businesses with integrity and value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.